The world of SEO is constantly changing. With updates to Google’s algorithm, it can be difficult for businesses to stay on top of everything that needs to be done to rank well in search engine results pages (SERPs). This is where the help of a tool like Semrush comes into play. In this blog post, we will discuss what Semrush does and how it helps with SEO rankings so you can make an educated decision about whether or not this service would benefit your business.
What is Semrush? And How is it helpful in SEO?
Semrush is a popular SEO & SEM tool that helps for many reasons. The platform has an extensive database of keywords, backlinks, and other metrics to help users see the best opportunities in their market. This way, you can find out what works well for your business, so you don’t have to do all the trial and error yourself. There are also numerous training courses where Semrush experts teach how beginners or veterans use the software most effectively. If there ever were one go-to guide on SEO, it would be this tool.
How does Semrush work?
Semrush is a tool that helps you collect all the information about your competitors. You’ll get to know their SEO, social media, and general marketing strategies. It will help you understand what they’re doing right while also helping you determine where they are lacking so you can focus on those things instead of being distracted by them or trying to compete with them.
Features to Boost SEO Performance
Semrush is more than just a tool. It is a complete digital marketing solution. It comes with 40+ different marketing tools and reports to help you find the best solution to all your digital marketing challenges.
You can have access to everything needed for effective online marketing right from one place without purchasing separate tools for each purpose.
This means more time and money saved on trying new strategies, optimizing SEO efforts, and many other things like tracking competitors’ progress, etc., which makes it possible for you to focus only on what matters most — growing your business.
Competitive Analysis — provides keyword suggestions that it thinks you should be targeting in your content marketing campaign, which is helpful for most business owners, especially if they have a small budget and team.
Keywords Explorer — helps users find long-tail keywords by looking at their competitor’s top-ranking pages on Google or Amazon, for example, so you can quickly identify lucrative niches where there might not yet be competition but also comes up with ideas about topics you could write articles about based on search volume alone without bringing key metrics like difficulty into consideration which saves time when brainstorming new blog post topic ideas.
Backlink Analysis — shows users their backlinks from Google Search Console, Majestic SEO, and Moz Open Site Explorer, which is helpful if your site has been affected by penalties in the past but also come up with ideas about new sites to try and get links from based on link quality metrics like Trust Flow/Citation Flow, so they don’t have to go through each domain’s Link Detox report one-by-one manually.
Content Explorer — is the tool that helps users find articles, news, and blog posts related to their chosen topic to get inspiration for new topics or develop ideas about structured content around a specific topic.
Content Optimization — Semrush Content Optimization enables you to write search-friendly copy that drives organic traffic to your website. It also provides actionable recommendations based on your competitors’ best practices, helping you avoid keyword stuffing and other black hat techniques for higher rankings.
Organic Research — shows Google search results in real-time and lets you see all of your competitor’s organic keywords, which are helpful if you want to spy on what kind of content performs best organically for your competitors right now.
Paid Advertising — Semrush’ PPC advertising tool that can track competitors’ ads and keywords. It helps in understanding the ad copy, landing pages, etc., of other competitors’ campaigns so you can map your campaign with it quickly or create new strategies based on what has worked for others.
For instance, if you have been struggling with the ad copy and the landing page of your campaign, you could look at how others do it to make some quick changes.
Site Audit — allows users to quickly check for any on-site SEO issues, broken links, and duplicate content so they can quickly improve their site’s search engine rankings.
Rank Tracker — the tool for tracking your website’s ranking on Google SERPs. It allows you to track any keywords, domains, and competitors to improve your ranking and understand how well (or not) you are doing against a competitor or group of similar sites.
The Rank Tracker also helps you find and fix keyword cannibalization issues, where you rank for one keyword but not another, which is hurting your overall SEO performance. You can then optimize to get more traffic from that keyword and increase revenue.
Semrush rank tracker helps find new opportunities by showing you top keywords that are well ranked but under-served, so they represent an excellent opportunity for you to rank higher and achieve more traffic.
Backlink Audit — This gives you an overview of how your backlinks perform and shows which site linking to yours have the most authority based on metrics like Domain Rank, Domain Rating, PageRank scores, and Trust Flow/Citation Flow values.
Local SEO Tools — Semrush provides a complete list of cities, states, and countries for targeted keywords/analyzed sites. It works great when you start with broad keyword research.
– The local score shows how competitive is the SERP ranking in your area by comparing your site to top-ranked competitors from competitor domains’ result pages (organic or paid). You can also use this feature to find the best keywords for your local business.
– The Semrush location tool shows how many search results are shown on Google Maps, which position they occupy, and their corresponding rank in the organic or paid section of SERP. You can also see who ranks first among competitors (top three) and the top 50 search results.
– The Semrush city planner shows the number of searches for a given keyword in each location or country you are interested in, along with top related keywords and phrases that competitors rank for. You can also see the main competitor SERP positions by area to make sure your site is visible locally.
– Another helpful feature is the Semrush local backlink checker – it detects the most authoritative sites in your area. It keeps track of their domain authority, page authority, and several indexed pages.
– The last helpful tool is the Google my business analyzer, which shows you how many times a given location has been mentioned on social media or websites (including Wikipedia) so that you can find out what people are saying about your competitors. It also shows you the number of reviews they have on Google My Business and Yelp, along with their business description on each platform.
– The geo-map feature lets you preview how many visitors from different cities/states access a given website or search engine page – it’s beneficial for local businesses.
– Semrush also provides a comprehensive list of keywords by location with search volume, top websites that rank for them, and competition metrics for each keyword.
– The location search feature lets you find out which websites rank on top for a given city/country so that you can find the best links to build to get better rankings locally.
– The local rank tracker shows you which of your keywords are ranking on top in your city/state for organic and paid results. You can see the top three competitors and how many search engine pages each of them occupy.
– The local pack checker shows you how often your keywords are leading on top in Google Maps, up to the first 100 results. It also shows you the number of times your website URL/brand is showing in Google+ Local, Yelp, and TripAdvisor.
Is Semrush worth it?
The short answer is yes, and I am going to tell you why. There are many benefits of using Semrush and many great features that people do not even know about, which makes it a great tool to use.
First thing, Semrush is a competitive intelligence suite for online marketing and SEO professionals. It provides research tools that marketers can use to obtain an edge over their competitors regarding organic traffic tracking and keyword competition analysis.
The good thing about Semrush is that it also provides you with many outstanding features for free. This includes various features such as rank tracking, backlink checking, SERP checking, keyword tracking, and more.
All in all, if you are looking to get started using Semrush or want to learn more about what this tool has to offer, I highly recommend checking out the website because they have so much good information about what you can do with this tool.
Semrush free trial
Semrush free trial gives you a chance to use all of Semrush’s features for 14 days without limitations from the moment you create an account on their website. It also comes with many great tools, such as rank tracking and domain analysis, which can help bloggers improve their site’s performance.
The free trial is an excellent feature because it allows you to see how this tool works for your specific needs and whether or not it’s worth investing in an annual subscription, which offers even more features and settings.
The Final Verdict
Overall, Semrush is an excellent tool for most people to use because it offers many free features and paid ones. The best part about this is that if you decide it’s not worth the investment, after all, there are still so many things you can do with the tools they provide even without paying anything, which makes it a great tool to use either way.
Here’re more helpful articles: