Choosing a web hosting company can be difficult, especially if you are new to WordPress. There are so many options and the cost is not always clear.
The best way to find out which managed WordPress hosting option is right for you is by comparing all of your options side-by-side.
This blog post does exactly that. We examine six popular managed WordPress hosts and compare their features, pricing, security protocols, customer support quality, performance metrics (load time & uptime), as well as any extra perks they offer like free domain name registration or site migration assistance.
By reading this guide you will be able to make an informed decision about which provider fits your needs best without having to do extensive research on each host individually.
What is Managed WordPress Hosting?
Managed WordPress hosting is a great service to anyone who doesn’t have the time or knowledge required for managing their own website or know-how managed WordPress hosting takes care of all administrative tasks like updates, backups, security, monitoring website speed, and downtime.
You’ll never worry about downtime because they will provide you top-notch customer service everything 24/7 365 days a year.
Why you need a managed WordPress host?
There are numerous reasons you need managed WordPress host because it can help you avoid things like a hacked website, your WordPress website may get corrupted, and protect you from hackers, and spammers. They provide backups of your data, offer security plugins and solutions, optimize your site for faster loading, eliminate downtime so that everything is running smoothly all the time.
When you’re using managed WordPress hosting service you don’t have to worry about anything going wrong with your site because they’ll do all the heavy lifting for you! They’re also great at securing and protecting your website from hackers so that way it can stay up 24/7 without any downtime or security breaches!
Advantages of Choosing Managed WordPress Hosting over Unmanaged:
- Reduce the amount of time and energy it takes to handle your web presence.
- Improve search engine optimization scores to achieve better rank on Google
- Managed hosting services will take care of your WordPress updates, backups, and other time-consuming tasks for you
- Increase your site’s site’s speed and security.
- Be able to focus on what you do best.
- Get peace of mind knowing that everything is taken care of for you
- Your site will be up and running 24/7
- Managed WordPress hosting protects your website from hackers.
- Your site will be up and running 24/7 you don’t have to worry about any downtime with no security breaches.
Disadvantages of managed WordPress hosting
- The pricing may be expensive for those who are just started.
How to Choose the best-managed WordPress hosting provider
Five things to keep in mind when choosing Managed WordPress hosting:
- How much bandwidth and storage space will your site require
- How much traffic will your site receive on average per day
- Do they offer 24/7 customer service
- What kind of security features does the hosting provider offer – what about malware protection and backup services
- What are the costs associated with each plan – monthly fees, setup fees, renewal fees
5 Best Managed WordPress Hosting Services
DreamHost offers a variety of hosting services such as managed WordPress hosting, Shared hosting, VPS hosting, Cloud Hosting, and Dedicated server hosting, E-commerce hosting, and domain registration.
Their managed WordPress hosting plan DreamPress starts at $16.95 per month for up to 100k in monthly traffic and one domain, a high-quality option for those looking to set up their own blog. They provide a guarantee of 100% uptime with 24/7 customer support, which you will never have with any other service provider.
All managed WordPress hosting plans include:
- SSL Certificates for free
- 24/7 Ticket support, Live chat support, and phone support callback
- On-demand + daily site backups for free, automatic software updates from WordPress core, plugins, and themes when available.
- Up to 120 GB fast SSD storage
- 100% uptime guarantee
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Unlimited emails
- Free WordPress migration
- 1-Year free domain
- WP drag and drop website builder
- JetPack professional for free
They also offer an unmanaged WP hosting service that costs as little as $2.95 per month.
DreamHost offer 30 days money-back guarantee for any reason if you’re not satisfied with their service.
- one-click installation for over 90% of popular CMS programs like WordPress and other popular apps & scripts
- 1-click staging
- SSL encryption protects your site from hackers
- Automated backups
- Caching for faster website loads
- Custom built-in control
DreamHost Managed WordPress Pricing
Their package is not much expensive than the other managed hosting providers like SiteGround, FlyWheel, WP Engine. DreamHost offers you more affordable prices for managed hosting services with its basic plan starting at $16.95/month and that’s just on a yearly basis of payments but the other providers are charging twice as much in monthly rates.
DreamHost is the best-managed WordPress hosting provider at reasonably priced, as they offer a suite of tools that WordPress users can use to easily manage their sites.
And the best thing it’s recommended by WordPress.org so, you can’t go wrong with this hosting service especially when you’re going to host your WordPress site.
- 24/hrs per day customer support
- 100% uptime guarantee
- Fast SSD storage
- Unlimited bandwidth so your site can grow as big as it wants without any worries about exceeding quotas
- Strong anti-spam policy and free WHOIS privacy
- Robust security: protect you from hackers and spammers
- Multi factor autentication
- Intrusion detection systems on servers and remote connections
- HIPAA compliant
- Customer support is available only during US working hours
DreamHost is an excellent option when it comes to speed, uptime, security, customer service, and price.
2. Rocket.Net #1 Fastest
Rocket.net is a new hosting company whose primary focus is to provide fast speeds for your WordPress website, using Cloudflare enterprise technology that delivers content faster than ever before. Many hosting companies just promise to make your website fast, secure, and SEO optimized but Rocket.net is different they don’t promise only they deliver the service.
This hosting company provides only WordPress-based services, and there are no other options like VPS or Dedicated servers. If you want dedicated services then have look at DreamHost.
It has a wide range of features that cater to new and old users alike. They even have a dedicated team working on the customer service experience who are available 24/7 via live chat and phone.
If you’re not happy with your current WordPress hosting and want to speed up how fast it loads on Google, then Rocket.net is a great place for you because they offer the best free site migration service.
All managed WordPress hosting plans includes:
- Free SSL certificate
- Enterprise CloudFlare CDN
- 99.99% uptime guarantee
- 20+ Global server locations
- Hands-free migrations
- Free site backups
- 24×7 Live chat support, phone support and email support
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Free SSL encryption
- Content delivery networks over 200 global locations
- Automatic daily backups
- Automated WordPress core updates, themes, and plugins updates
- 14 days backup retention
- Hack & malware removal
- Multisite support
- Free Staging Installs
- Git Integration and SSH Access
- Visitor Analytics
- Brotli Compression like Gzip
- Cron jobs
Rocket.net Managed WordPress Pricing
Pricing for Rocket.net hosting plans starts at $25.00 per month and includes 2 months off when you planned to bill annually. The Starter Plan provides support for
- 1 WordPress install
- 10 GB storage
- 50GB bandwidth
- 250,000 visits
- Free CDN
Rocket.net offers four different plans depending on your needs:
- Starter – $25/month
- Pro – $50/month
- Business – $83/month
- Agency – $166/month
The pricing above listed is for annual plans. If you want to pay monthly, it will cost $30 per month for the Starter plan. For those of us who are planning to host their WordPress website on rocket.net, I recommend switching to an annual plan as that’s the only way we can get a discount.
Bluehost is one of the most popular and affordable hosting services for businesses. It offers a variety of packages, from shared to virtual private servers (VPS). Bluehost has been around since 2003 when they were purchased by Endurance International Group. They have had many years to perfect their service.
With over 2 million customers, they are one of the most popular choices for small business owners looking to start their own website.
Bluehost managed WordPress hosting plan starts from $19.95 per month for up to 50,000 visitors per month. They provide a 99.98% uptime guarantee so, you don’t need to worry about your site being down. 100% managed by WordPress experts.
It also offers a variety of hosting packages such as shared hosting, managed WordPress, cloud hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated servers.
Bluehost provides great customer support so, you don’t have to worry about anything that may go wrong with your website.
All managed WordPress hosting plans include:
- 1 WordPress website hosting
- Free SSL certificate
- Free site migration
- 20GB – 80GB web storage depending on the plan
- 24/7 live chat and phone support
- All plan comes with fast SSD storage
- Get JetPack personal, premium, and professonal
- Schedule backups
- Domain privacy and protection
- 200+ global edge servers
- DDoS attack + Anti-spam protection: It helps you to protect your site from hackers and spammers.
- Malware detection and removal
- Automated scheduled backups
- Site staging
- Multi-layer catching: Optimize your site to load content fast.
Bluehost provides the best-managed WordPress hosting service. With Bluehost, you don’t have to worry about anything that may go wrong with your website because they’ve got it covered.
All managed WordPress hosting plans include: one-click installs for WordPress, free SSL certificates (with an annual plan), and free site migration services (when you want to migrate from another web hosting company).
Like DreamHost Bluehost is also officially recommended by wordpress.org so, you know you’re in good hands with them.
Bluehost has been around for over 13 years and they can host anything from a single blog to large enterprise sites that get millions of page views per day. They have one of the most competitive plans on our list, it’s $19.95/month which includes their managed WordPress hosting plus tons
Their managed support includes access to live chat with knowledgeable reps and 24/365 phone, email, and customer service.
Bluehost’s managed WordPress hosting pricing starts from $9.95 per month when you’re committing to stay for 3 years otherwise their starting plan costs you as much as $19.95 a month, but this is one of the best deals all plans come with unmetered bandwidth, Fast SSDs storage, and provide you assistant with SEO to improve your organic reach.
They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee without questions asked, and their customer service is really responsive.
Bluehost provides all the features you need to run an effective website like easy blogging tools, 24/hour live chat support, DDoS attack protection, and SEO recommendations. Additionally, they will provide assistance with SEO to boost your website traffic.
Bluehost Pros and Cons
- Unmetered bandwidth
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Fast SSDs storage
- SEO recommendations
- Customer Service: Live Chat, Phone Support (24/7), Email Support
- Anti-spam plus DDoS attack protection
- Easy blogging tools
- They are known for their easy-to-use control panel which makes managing your website simple.
- 30-day money-back guarantee without questions asked.
- Bluehost is that they do not offer customer service in languages other than English. This may be a problem if you’re running your website in another language, but it’s unlikely for most people.
- It may feel you expensive than other web hosting services
HostGator is a popular hosting company that has been around for over 15 years they are known for their inexpensive plans and great customer service.
They offer shared hosting, Managed WP hosting, reseller hosting, VPS, and DDoS protection. HostGator also offers web design services to help you create your website from scratch.
Their servers are located in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and Asia so they can offer fast connection speeds to their customers no matter where they are located on Earth. It is owned by EIG(Endurance International Group) brand.
All managed WordPress hosting plans include:
- Free SSL certificate.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Unmetered bandwidth.
- 1-year free domain + email included.
- Free site migrations.
- Host up to 3 websites depending on the plan.
- Website backups and malware protection with high security.
- $150 Google Ads spend match credit.
- 24/7/365 live chat, phone call, and email support.
- 45-day money-back guarantee.
- 1-click WordPress install and other popular scripts & apps.
- Free SSL encryption.
- Advanced security protects your website from hackers.
- Auto backups.
- Customer support.
HostGator Managed WordPress Hosting Pricing
HostGator’s managed WordPress hosting plan starts from $5.95 per month when you’re committing to stay for 3 years otherwise their starting plan costs you as much as $19.95 a month, but this is one of the best deals all plans come with unmetered bandwidth, Fast SSDs storage, and provide you assistant with SEO to improve your organic reach.
HostGator pricing breakdown:
- Starter plan – $5.95 per month
- Standard plan – $7.95 per month
- Business plan – $9.95 per month
HostGator Pros and Cons
- Free SSL certificate.
- Free domain for 1 year.
- Free site migration.
- Robust security + DDoS attack protection.
- 1-click WordPress installs.
- Affordable prices and reliable services.
- Excellent customer support 24×7
- Many people complain HostGator is not so fast. If you’re looking for a fast WordPress hosting service, then that’s a sign your needs are more challenging and it might be time to look at other options like DreamHost or Rocket.net
Managed WordPress hosting vs shared hosting
The main difference between managed WordPress hosting vs Shared hosting is that in a “managed” service, your site’s back-end will be admined by someone else for you. This means they’ll do everything from updating plugins, security checkups, monitor downtime, site speed, and security, and protect your site from hackers without you need to do yourself or permission required from you whatsoever.
Shared hosts are more hands-off as far as managing goes with clients needing to take care of everything things themselves should they wish to change anything about their website design or layout, protect from hackers, monitoring uptime, speed, and security checkups. They all have to do it themselves.
Managed WordPress Hosting Comparison: Table
|Host||Speed (ms)||Uptime||Pricing starts (monthly)|
A summary of Best Managed WordPress hosting companies
What do we recommend?
If you’re looking for a managed WordPress hosting provider then you’ll find many options in the market but it’s hard to decide which one is good. There are lots of factors that affect your choice, like price, speed, and performance, etc. But there’s no way to tell how good they really are without trying them out yourself.
You can check Rocket.net or DreamHost both have a great reputation among users and offers excellent support as well as fast WordPress hosting services at reasonable prices.
DreamHost is the oldest Web hosting company around for almost two decades, but Rocket.net has been a new player in their industry since 2020.
Is managed WordPress hosting worth it?
The Managed WordPress hosting is worth the cost because it will take care of everything that needs to be done on your website and you don’t have to worry about if something goes wrong.
Since updates, backups, and more are all included in their service so even when servers crash or get hacked by hackers they’ll help you to get back up running as quickly as possible before any other damage occurs. It’s worth the cost.
What are top benefits of managed WordPress hosting?
- It is a cost-effective solution for small businesses.
- You can focus on your business, not your website.
- They provide premium 24×7 customer service and technical support.
- With managed WordPress hosting, you don’t need to worry about backups or updates because it’s all taken care of by the host.
- Hosting your site on a secure server means that your website will be safe from hackers and spammers.
- Your site will load faster with managed WordPress hosting because there are fewer steps involved in the process.
- This type of hosting also includes regular software updates so you’ll never have to worry about your site being vulnerable again.
Differentiate managed WordPress vs web hosting?
The main difference between managed WordPress vs web hosting is:
Managed WordPress is a more premium option for webmasters who want to take care of their website’s security, backups, and other maintenance tasks without having to do it themselves. When you’re choosing web hosting you’ll need to do everything yourself.
Do i need managed wordpress hosting?
Yes, you should opt for managed WordPress hosting if you’re too busy scaling your business without wasting time only managing the website yourself. These professionals will take care of everything you don’t need to do yourself so that way, you maximize on being productive and not worrying about any technical difficulties or maintenance issues with your site when it’s always running smoothly.
Which is the fastest managed wordpress hosting?
There are many hosting companies claiming themselves they provide fast services, but I don’t know how accurate these claims really are. All the different brands of the host may be comparable in some ways, and differences seem to depend on what you’re looking for. From my experience with Rocket.net hosting as a WordPress user myself, their service is remarkably fast.
I would highly recommend it if you need something that’s just going to work right out of the gate without any fuss or hassle – this was exactly what I needed when building my WordPress website.
best managed VPS WordPress hosting
godaddy managed wordpress hosting
managed WordPress hosting Bluehost